DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Problem with Auto Entrepreneur

Posted by flynnboy - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted 5 - 3 years ago

Well said that man (Steve the painter) , my feelings exactly !

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

Oh, good grief, I just give up. Integrate, learn the language, and things will go relatively well.  But there is no way of getting round the laws as they are at the moment.

Steve

Sorry no image available

Then what are you staying for abc123 ? With all due respect I don't understand your logic for living here ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by abc123-412292 - 3 years ago

the only thing thats depressing is BRITTANY,

Sorry no image available

God you lot are so depressing !! Look its easy you sign up as an AE , you pay and do the course ,ok they don't care that you don't  understand anything !! then you get on and do it ! they have fullfilled the legal side and so have you !  I really don't understand why people like Reveuse seem to have an intergrated knowledge of every single posting in here ?? I have been here 27 odd years now ran my own buisnesses and am perfectly intergrated ! If you don't like the rules don't stay here ! Basta !

I'm sure that I don't know everything but enough to live here peacefully  !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

... and you employ a 'gestor' to set up your business and do all your paperwork for you - way to go. 

Sorry no image available

yea that will do benidorm , lets face it anywhere would be better then BRITTANY,  and if you rounded up all the brits living in BRITTANNY , it would be on par with benidorm but unlike us they are drinking cheap beer in the sun eating fish and chips  and reading the sun ................................

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Yes ABC Spain looks lovely especially benidorm, I was watching a program about Brits out there, looked a really fun place with all that cheap beer and tatoos and especially all that sun

Sorry no image available

welcome to france and all the paper work that goes with it , spain is a calling 1 euro a pint, cheap food eating in or out, set up a business easy , and lots of sun sun sun , and cheap houses , plus flights daily to most uk airports , if your thinking of moving to france BRITTANNY to live the dream dont as it will turn into a nightmare , unless you like getting ripped off , and like the rain, then brittany is the place for you , goodbye and good night

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

I'm sure you a great musical instrument maker but as you probably discovered last time round, being good at your activity is not the only requirement for running a successful business in France. You need an aptitude and an interest in the business side of it as well, and it's kind of important to understand the rules for the business structure that you intend to operate under. With all due respect, from what you've said so far it sounds like you don't know much about the scheme at all except that your mate says it works for him. For micro entreprise the rules have been tightened up a lot in the last couple of years, specifically because people were registering as auto entrepreneurs without knowing what it was all about and then breaking all the rules - didn't know they needed insurance, thought it was OK to register as an odd job man and then work as a roofer, didn't know what mentions légales they had to put on their invoices etc. It was getting all AEs very bad reputation all round - to the extent that they even changed the name because AE was getting to be a dirty word, you have to call yourself a micro entrepreneur now, it is the new cleaned-up version of auto entrepreneur.

The course for artisans has been a requirement for over a year now so it sounds a bit like a case of somebody not doing the research and planning ahead, yes you can blame everyone else for that but at the end of the day whose fault is it really?

Anyway that's the background, so maybe now you can see the other side a bit. The rules are changing all the time and you are expected to keep up to speed, so get your French up to speed and start taking an interest in the business side otherwise you'll get lost in all the red tape. If you're going to rely on your mayor to make phone calls for you every time you have a problem he'll soon get tired of it.