DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

promesse de vente instead of compromis?

Posted by ingetje - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

geegee, its actually the other way around of what you say :)

with a promesse we can pull out anytime but will loose the deposit (same as with a compromis) but with a compromis the seller can then force you to buy and go to court, with a promesse they cant force you as it was just a promesse for a period of time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I can see now what it's all about, compromis if you pull out then you lose your deposit, promesse De vente you are forced to buy regardless, its more of an advantage to the seller than the buyer, I like the bit about problems can occur if the buyer dies before completion, I personally think I would insist on signing a compromis and getting a completion date, especially if all the sellers are in agreement on price, from what I can see its something that's set up for developers rather than individual private buyers.

Sorry no image available

I know its not a deal braker but it gives me a bad feeling about the notaire trying to get more money from us...and notaires dont get 8% fee like agents do btw!

this is the reply I got from the notaire today:

Par le présent courrier, je reviens vers vous pour vous informer que le coût d'une promesse constituant un surcoût par rapport aux frais habituels, est de 27 euros HT. Les droits d'enregistrement pour le trésor public sont de 125 euros.

La promesse unilatérale de vente présente des avantages indéniables tant pour l'acquéreur que pour le vendeur, le choix d'abandonner le compromis de vente résulte, pour l'essentiel, de raisons juridiques.

Vous bénéficiez, en tant qu'acquéreur, de l'authenticité dès l'avant-contrat et de toutes les garanties attachées à cet acte.

I guess we are just having to go with it as we dont want to waste any more time by having to find another notaire etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Melou - 3 years ago

It looks to me that the problem may well lie with the fact that even though the sellers instructed this notaire to sell the property, they then did a private deal and cut him out. So the notaire has lost an 8% fee - and maybe he's just trying to make a bit by other means instead . . . . either way, if you are so confident the house is "very cheap", €180 isn't honestly a deal-breaker! 

Sorry no image available

Anyway if it doesn't involve the notaire as sellers agent and he is only doing the legals, you are employing him and paying him for his services so choice either way should be yours.

Sorry no image available

I agree, its a promise to sell the property to you at an agreed price but it looks like it could be open ended and depending on circumstances you could be left hanging for an unacceptable amount of time, whereas you know basically where you are going with a compromis, and it looks like the notaire might expect 10% up front either way.

Sorry no image available

because its a wast of a 180 euro for something that is not needed! we dont want a promesse we want a compromis and asap an acte de vente and move in to the house. why pay 180 euro for something we do not need or want and can do without if we can just sign a compromis like usual?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

I dont see why you dont go with the 'promess' !!

You say its really cheap so an extre 180e to register the act isnt anything!

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Ah I did not know you knew the sellers and everyone wanted to sell.Personally then I would go to the notaire with the seller and just tell him/her to do a compromis de vente or you use another notaire

Sorry no image available

I think I would approach another notaire see what they say, you don't have to use the sellers notaire and they split the fee, what do the sellers think about it all.