DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

raising money for charities

Posted by valetlu - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Altodoit

If you were nearer to me then I would be there like a shot.  Unfortunately you are about one and a half hours drive from me, so a three hour round trip.  I used to be deputy manager of a charity shop and a volunteer in another and miss doing it.  How have yu managed with the bureaucracy?  Congratulations on your award

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 3 years ago

I have lived here for a year (near Josselin) and was surprised how few charity shops there are, plus very few charity donation boxes.  When asked how to recycle unwanted clothes I was told to put everything in the clothes bins provided near the recycling bins.  Have since been told that if you open a charity shop the tax is so high it is not worth the effort.  Hence I save mine to take back to the UK to recycle...

Sorry no image available
Posted by lsc-405202 - 3 years ago

Emmaus, the charity shop chain are always on the look-out for volunteers to work in their shops. They have one in Vannes, Quimperle and Pontivy to my knowledge and many others throughout Brittany and France.

They are happy for help in the shop, with serving customers,(good for improving your French!), keeping the shop stocked etc. as well as with the repair of items for sale, such as bicycles, electrical goods and furniture.  

Go to your nearest shop and ask, they will be pleased to see you -and don't worry about your French, it will soon improve!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Altodoit - 3 years ago

Hi, have you thought about coming and visiting us at "Les Puces" in Poullaouen? We're an animal charity shop. We've been open since September. I'm sure we could find you something to do! Please feel free to contect me if you're interested. :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by valetlu - 3 years ago

Hello Woody and Kingly, really good to hear from you.   I am in St Vran, midway between Collinee and Merdrignac.  But please don't let distance come between us !  Bound to be the case in France as we are all so fragmented.   We can get around it somehow.   Just need to get started and take it from there.   So many charities out there which will keep us occupied forever !!  

Best wishes and look forward to any suggestions ?

Jacqui

Sorry no image available
Posted by kingly - 3 years ago

Make that 3

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

So would I.  Whereabouts are you? - I am in Josselin