DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

registration.

Posted by sabc15-427548 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Undercover Reporter - 3 years ago

Both my lads are on apprentistages via the CFA in Plerin, they were most helpful in finding companies who took on youngsters. My oldest did his bac pro elec and now is doing a further course for maintenance etc.  They are still taking people at the moment i believe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

I'm assuming he's 17/18 if he's just finished Lycée. I would suggest he goes to see mission locale they will help him with finding out about being self employed and apprentistages.  Maybe also look on the apprentistage websites as thats where most employers seem to register who they are looking for. Although he will be too late for this year he can start looking for next September intake. He might need to look further away. I'm not sure where you are it he might need to look at Rennes,  St Brieuc, Brest ect. My friends son is in school for his apprentistage in Rennes but his placement is in the vendee. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Undercover Reporter - 3 years ago

Be very careful of going self employed, can be very expensive impots wise.  Speak to an accountant before signing up. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

He has tried to get an apprenticeship,but no luck,Lycee have tried also to get him a placement but couldn't, so this is why I am asking the question.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

You could go to the local chambre de métiers and ask them to do the formalities or research someone who is registered to do this. Once he has a siret n° then he can start work for himself though I do think he would need at least a BTS level qualification if he has no work experience.

Whaat about asking round to see if someone can take him on as an apprentice - there are quite a few aids out there for employers who do this and he should get a small wage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rock-Wool - 3 years ago

Should not his school or a part of his schooling cover this?

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Yes I agree with you rance,but he cannot find a company looking for electricians or trainees,he has found a couple of electricians who will let him work with them when they are busy,but not full time,but still needs to get properly registered.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade but would it not be best for him initially to seek a job with a French company and gain practical experience first. It is one thing going to a lycee and passing a course but nothing beats practical experience.I have known several Brits do it this way and it has stood them  in well.  You learn more from a couple of years working with experieced sparkies than you ever would going on your own straight away