DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Renewal of UK passport

Posted by seashal - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jack60 - 3 years ago

I am very impressed with the service from the Passport Office ..... sent mine off on the Tuesday before New Year and it arrived yesterday afternoon ....... 10 days!

Sorry no image available
Posted by wizzywhiskas - 3 years ago

We have lived here for 27yrs and a few years ago renewed our passports here, sending them to Paris.

We were forced to pay 'courrier delivery' which was quite expensive, our passports arrived a few weeks later, via normal postage, with the envelope so ripped as it was a miracle that the passports were still there!!

After several letters/emails to the UK Embassy where we sent them to we received ZERO response.

An absolute disgrace.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

So your speedy results are the reason my UK based grandson's passport hasn't been sent to his UK address after 2 months!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

We (both hubby and I) did our online application: https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/

We posted our old passports together with the printed forms from the online applications on the 25th December. We received our new ones  (and old ones too) by DHL today - so it took just 14 days.

We thought it was excellent service although the mailing fee is quite high. We paid almost £206 for two passports with delivery costs (you have to pay these costs for each passport even though they are coming to the same address!).

Not that this has any relevance but it's now done in Durham (it was Newport the last time we renewed them).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Yes you get the old one back too. In a separate delivery but still with courier 

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

But they do send the old passport back.

I renewed my passport in the post office here and received the old one back a week later in the morning post and the new one in the afternoon via a postman!

I had to fill in the form a few times, one time because my signature went a teensy-tiny bit out of the box, so watch out for this if you're just sending yours directly to the passport office.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Yes you need to send your original passport as well as photos

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

Just as query, Do you need to send your original Passport along with the photos and application??

Sorry no image available
Posted by montypython-428832 - 3 years ago

I would say so.  My daughter looked totally different at the age of 11 to what she does now - and there was no quibble about issuing her a new passport.  I would imagine there would have to be some pretty drastic changes in your appearance to require countersigning of the new photos.

Good luck

Monty

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashal - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your replies - so helpful, as usual.  So, the counter signature only applies if your features have changed to such an extent that a new photo is required?