DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

renewing passport

Posted by Frasier-394210 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

Just done mine on line to the overseas application office, filled in the forms, paid etc. Got it back in 9 days later.  No need to get the photos countersigned.  Quick and easy. If you have urgent reason to visit the UK before you receive your passport back you can get an emergency travel document.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Frasier-394210 - 3 years ago

Thankyou all very much for all the comments, much appreciated !

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 3 years ago

Yes, but as Frasier says, he is going back to the UK and he has elderly relatives and often has to get back urgently.  Yes, renew at the passport office.  If you renewed by mail and had to go back before you had received your new passport you would never forgive yourself.  £57 is nothing compared to peace of mind.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

4 hours may be better than 14 days BUT it will cost him £57 pounds MORE.I know what I would do.

Sorry no image available

Iguana Rock - the OP says he/she is going to the UK.  He/she can get their passport in 4 hours!  I would say that is better than 14 days by post!

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Meant to add, therefore you must get the forms from the post office.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

PHOTOS-If your appearance hasn't changed-no countersigning required.

FORMS-download and sign. Take them with you.

REF:

1 day Premium service

You can get your passport the same day if you provide a completed application form, 2 photos and all your supporting documents. You can usually collect it 4 hours after your appointment

WHAT TO TAKE TO THE APPOINTMENT

You need:

2 identical passport photos a completed paper application form from a post office that offers the Passport Check and Send service - you can’t apply online your supporting documents - details are in the booklet that comes with the paper form

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

We did the online application and then sent the old passports by Recorded Delivery. Our new ones arrived 14 days later. I don't think you could ask for better than that!

Sorry no image available

When I did mine I got my form from the post office.  I expect the one online is the same.  I also provided the required number of photographs but didn't have to have them countersigned.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Frasier-394210 - 3 years ago

Am I right in thinking that the form I have to complete, I have to get from a postoffice back in UK and not on-line ? and that I have to take 2 photos with me and that  if my photo hasn't changed I do not need to get them countersigned ?