DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Returning to UK de-registering from the tax office.

Posted by hangloose-395445 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hangloose-395445 - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your responses folks I will endeavour to sort it out regards DP

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 3 years ago

When you fill in your last French tax declaration - which will be after you have left, obviously, because the declarations are done retrospectively - you'll tell them the date when you left and you'll fill in the form for part of the year, Jan to March or Jan to Nov or whenever you leave. You'll pay tax and social charges for the part of the year you were living here, up to the date you left and went into the UK system, and that will be the end of your tax liability in France. You'll give the same date to the UK as the date when you arrived to live in the UK and became liable for tax there. The following year France may ask for proof that you have been in the UK system as from the date when you claim to have left France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

A quitus fiscal is a document supplied by the impots office that says you have proved that no import duty or VAT is due on a vehicule. FULL STOP

Le quitus fiscal (ou certificat fiscal) est un certificat qui indique que le véhicule est en situation régulière au regard de la taxe à la valeur ajoutée (TVA).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

Right, no time this morning to find the correct link.

If you wish to leave the French tax system then you 'MAY' need to complete a 'quitus fiscal'

I was recently informed that it is no longer an obligation though.

The last time I helped a friend with this was in 2004/5 so I may be well off the mark and out of date here.

Leaving France 
When you leave the country you need a tax clearance statement (quitus fiscal). All taxes due, until the day you are leaving, must be paid. The tax inspector will estimate your tax liability based on income and deductibles and if the estimate turns out to be to high, you may ask for a refund. It is important to obtain this clearance statement - without it you will have trouble getting your belongings out of the country.

Regards

Jack

Sorry no image available

Hah! Wrong link!

Sorry!

Jack.

Sorry no image available

Lumbersexual what has this thread got to do with registering a car ?

Sorry no image available

Here:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F179.xhtml

Bon Chance!

Jack

Sorry no image available

accepted this in 2013 /  we now  returning to the UK

Are you saying you told them you left before 2013 but are only now actually leaving. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

If I'm reading your post correctly you are returning to the UK but you haven't left yet? If you haven't left yet I'm not sure why you think that you shouldn't pay last years social charges and/or income tax? If you have already left then these charges may be for any savings you have here.