Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


State Pension Application

Posted by Steve51-907091 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve51-907091 - 3 years ago

Thanks for your replies and help.  Although I have viewed numerous threads on here on this subject, I hadn't heard of that particular form before.

I know where I am now.

Thanks again,



Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

Once you start receiving your state pension and declare it on your French tax form, you will need to complete form (France individual) to ensure it is not taxed in the UK.

 The form should be taken to your local French tax office when you complete your French tax return. The tax officer will stamp it and you then send it back to the UK. If any tax has been taken at source in the UK it will be refunded.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAY THE BASS - 3 years ago

You will receive all the documentation from the UK pensions dept. a couple of weeks before your actual retirement date. This will include the S1 form. Make several copies of this form or scan it and save it on your computer. You then take this to CPAM as soon as possible and they will organise it all for you.

If  you are you are already a french tax resident and presumably have been making annual tax returns. You will have to pay any income tax due on your state pension here in France. You will have to enter the amount of pension that you have received in euros over the year on your tax return along with any other income that you have.

When you send or take your completed annual tax return to the tax office include a copy of the S1 form. If you don't do this they may charge you social contributions on your pension for your health cover.

Hope this helps.

Regards,  Ray.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Dont know how long it will take but they do say you can apply 3 months befor hand!

They will send you a S1 form for CPAM  - keep a copie!!

The OAP shuld be paid gross - no tax taken - they will send to your french account if you want!

You have to fill in a french tax form each year May , for all income of previous year - at the mo!