DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Stopping auto entrepreneur and effects of CAF

Posted by frenchbeads1-425526 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

CAF have apparently made quite a few mistakes and given away loads of cash that people were not actually entitled to, it now seems they are going through all their records to try and claw back what they can, we had a demand to pay back an overpayment from three years ago, its not a fortune but some people are getting demands for thousands, they have made mistakes with both family allowance and social security payments, but one thing to note is that if you are self employed and your income dips you are entitled to claim RSA, which tops up your income to the minimum amount you are expected to live on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted1 - 3 years ago

The right to stay form is a way of " Means testing" if they decide that  you do not have the wherewithall to support yourself they can legally serve you a notice to quit the territory as specified in the EU convention ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by frenchbeads1-425526 - 3 years ago

Thank you Busted. I have just got back from CAF in Vannes and I need to fill in another "right to stay" form to prove we can support ourselves apparently. I was told the demand would then be taken off. What a worrying time it was. Thank you for your insight too regarding health cover.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted1 - 3 years ago

They have made an error somewhere as even if you have stopped working your husbands rights carry you over , Did you deregister through the RSI ? because if you do they continue your health cover over for one more year . then after 11 months you have to apply for a change of statute to go on the CMU cover . I helped a friend stop her activity and none of her  CAF prestations were stopped ..