Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.



Posted by cardeno lis - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cardeno lis - 3 years ago

Thank you - that's very helpful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

You dont ' claim' as such, it depends on your income as declared to les Impots, when you do your French tax return each year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

In respect of taxe d' habitation if you have a look on page 3of your demand you will see the full conditions for exemption or reduction and in the grey box you will see the incomes that are applicable

In a nutshell if you look in the section " Qui est exonoré or dégrevé" age is one of the factors ie if you are over 60 BUT only if their income is below the limits in the tables  they live alone or with dependent children or with another person who is on a low income.

You do not "claim" as such the demand is based on the RFR ie the Revenue Fiscal de Référence which is worked out when you submit your French tax return but obviously you need to be resident in France to benefit from this reduction;second homes donot benefit.

As far as I am aware there is no reductions available for taxe Foncière.If you wish to question how much you are paying then you should do this at your local tax office but one thing to bear in mind is that if your income originates in Sterling then the exchange ate has caused many people to be paying more than last year for TDH due their improved "Euro" income

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Some info here