Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Tax advisor

Posted by woody-383477 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

It seems that things changed in April this year, it was declared in france up until then. I do have to say though you will obviously need some advise on how and what form you need to declare it in france, may be the Connexion newspaper do info on it that you can pay and download, it would work out cheaper than an accountant over here. I don't suppose the french tax man is very happy about the change, I would be surprised if all of the tax offices in france understand the new procedure and wrongly calculate the credit due.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago


Thanks for your reply - that's why we need someone to point us in the right direction as we were led to believe that the CGT must be paid in France, although I think that sounds very strange!


Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Woody, if you are a permanent resident in france selling a UK property then the CGT will be declared and paid in the UK, the french tax man then gives you a credit against this tax so you are not taxed twice. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Penny Sheldon-880709 - 3 years ago


the person who has helped us and many of our friends over the years is Graham Keysell of Spectrum IFA.

His help and advice on Tax, investment and pensions has been invaluable over the years and I am more than happy to recommend him. Really nice guy too.

His email address is graham.keysell@spectrum-ifa.com

Good luck