DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

tax habitation

Posted by bossbird - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Go to your impots office or local tresorie - the address es should be on your avis d impots - or look up on pages jaune . Ask them to check their computer to see if anythings been sent out for you & check the addresss.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackelliot - 3 years ago

Thanks boss bird, our previous  address is  Australia,  but our daughter  today said there is nothing  from France  posted  out. Where do we got to sort this out, we live near Carhaix. Many thanks 

Sorry no image available

Thanks boss bird, our previous  address is  Australia,  but our daughter  today said there is nothing  from France  posted  out. Where do we got to sort this out, we live near Carhaix. Many thanks 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

Thnks for that Sheldon , I will go and tackle them !.... 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheldon-433307 - 3 years ago

Re Rudge's query on Fonciere:  you just need to call or visit your local tresore publique , prove you are at least 65 and demand the 100 euros reduction.  They wI'll only reimburse for the last two years and the onus is on the individual (as per usual in France!) to monitor.  The reg is on the back of the bill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

Jackelliot, You may find your tax fonciere has been sent to your previous address, perhaps in England? Ours was, but I had hoped the habitation would come to our house in France, but still nothing received. It will probably mean another trip to the centre des impots! Thanks everyone.

Sorry no image available

We are 22 dept. Still haven't had either bill. This is our first full year here, so new at this.

Sorry no image available

Aah, thanks for comment Sheldon, I did not get the 100€ reduction ... is this just for being over 65 ?

If the case I will have to go to Marie/Impots to ask about it .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheldon-433307 - 3 years ago

Not sure Rudge.  I haven't had d'habitation yet, but everyone over 65 should make sure the 100 euros reduction on FONCIERE has been applied as it's not done automatically as I found out last month and had to sort it out.  Look on the back of the Bill.  I was refunded for this year and last year fairly quickly ????

Sorry no image available

I am in 56160, had tax fonciere which is now paid, but no tax d'habitation bill yet . 

I am probably exempt on the basis of income level and age , but assume will still get a biill to state that ?