DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tax Retrun help please

Posted by AnniePoppiePie - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AnniePoppiePie - 3 years ago

Hi Chemin - I have sent you an email message.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 3 years ago

At the moment my savings in France are earning several times as much interest as those in the UK. Several times not a lot but they are still better rates here.

Sorry no image available

Sorry - I did mention shares but it was very early in the thread. We also have a (woefully low) interest on some bank accounts and bonds in the UK. I'd like to bring our money over here but French interest rates seem to be even worse than English ones, even taking into account that I have to pay social charges on the returns from England.

Sorry no image available

Sorry - I did mention shares but it was very early in the thread. We also have a (woefully low) interest on some bank accounts and bonds in the UK. I'd like to bring our money over here but French interest rates seem to be even worse than English ones, even taking into account that I have to pay social charges on the returns from England.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Yes that is right about investment income but I thought you only had your pensions as the discussion went that way

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

But you will pay social charges on investment / interest income.

If you came to france when you were an OAP you will have given the form S1 - or 106/E121- to CPAM to get your carte vitale!

If you have a copy of your attestation for your carte vitale - you can get a copy from CPAM or on line at you account - send it to the impots!

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F10662.xhtml

Sorry no image available

Sorry for any confusion - I just accidentally posted the above response in my husbands posting ID.

Sorry no image available
Posted by harleyal - 3 years ago

Thanks very much countrydweller. I was still living in England in 2009 when I hit 60 and started to draw my state pension. Which Is probably why an S1 wasn't sent to me. I shall get on to the DWP first thing on Tuesday morning. I was given to understand last year from a posting I made that social charges were levied on all income (othet than state pension) recived from abroad, ie, bank interest and share dividends. Hopefully I might get back the 400 + euros I was asked for last year too. Hope everybody else is finding this as useful and informative as I am.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Annie PP

When you started receiving your UK pension the DWP should have sent you an S1 automatically to take to CPAM to update your Carte Vitale so you should not be paying any contributions into the French system.If you have not got it contact the DWP to get one ASAP,and do not forget to include yor husband on it as well as spouses can piggy back on each others S1 till they get a pension in their own right

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

thks country dweller thats why I asked which box the tax paid goes into to get a credit.

at the moment the tax office are adding the gross governement ie civil service pension to the gross state ie oap pension to determine what tax band we should be in