DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxation pension lump sum

Posted by janes-394036 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

did the same myself,r45 to leicester plus changed the year. no worries !

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

The instructions that come with the form are pretty clear about what paperwork you need to send with the form. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

I've now received the signed form back from the Hotel d'Impots and rang HMRC to check if I also needed to sent the P45 I received from the pension company with it.

They said, although didn't sound convinced, that I should complete Form R45 and send it to their Leicester office.

They also said that although the form is for year to 5th April 2015 & I received the money in May 2015, I should just strike our 2015 and write 2016.

Signed

Confused of Guingamp.

Sorry no image available

Yes it was the form that is in both French and English and has to be signed by your local Impots. I have had to fill it in before and our local impots were very speedy in sending it to me and HMRC were very quick in dealing with it.

Sorry no image available

Was it the SI2009 Number 226 form? the one that has to be signed by the French Impots.

When my wife claimed back her UK tax, the main delay was getting that form back from the local Hotel d'impots.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

Good luck with HMRC    took from June Last Year  to  March this year to claim tax back that shouldn't  have been paid and that was using the correct forms.

Sorry no image available

In fact, I gave HMRC a ring. They were very helpful but confirmed that I would have to pay and claim back. They confirmed which form to use and said it would normally take a month from them receiving the paperwork but that there was a bit of a backlog at the moment.

Sorry no image available

Good luck.

Sorry no image available

Yes, That's what mine said to me. But I'm going to have a try at sorting it out in advance. Otherwise I'll just claim it back straightaway from HMRC.

Sorry no image available

I withdrew my pension pot 6 weeks ago and had to pay UK tax (almost 35% of the total). My pension company weren't very helpful, just kept repeating that UK tax must be paid & then reclaimed.

I understand from other threads here that after I declare it on my French tax return next April, I will have to pay 7.5% tax on the whole amount.