DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxe d'aménagement

Posted by AQ-417490 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

I don't know why people keep saying this is a new tax, it is NOT a new tax it has just been updated and renamed. Before 2012 it was called Taxe local d'equipement and had/has been in effect since 1967.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxe_d'aménagement

Elle succède, dans le cadre d'une importante réforme de la fiscalité d'urbanisme, à la taxe locale d'équipement, et remplace, immédiatement (dans les communes dotées d'un PLU ou d'un POS et dans les communautés urbaines) ou en 2015, une dizaine d'anciennes taxes et participations2 dont les PAE, TLE, TDENS qui était associées aux permis et déclarations préalables.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxe_locale_d'équipement

La TLE est supprimée et remplacée par la taxe d'aménagement, à compter du 1er mars 20126, dans le cadre d'une importante réforme de la fiscalité d'urbanisme.

So, however you look at it it is a tax that has always been payable no matter what the name of it is. And as AQ pointed out in the first post it REPLACED an old tax, what did you people think,  that the government were just going to do away with an old tax and not replace or rename it??

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

AQ,

I'm afraid to report that,. having spent some time managing to calculate the tax myself (from the figures provided on the second sheet of the invoice, together with a formula which I found online),  the total of the two invoices appears to be the correct amount!

Sorry no image available

Buster, that did occur to me.  However, I've been having my post redirected for the past year, so would have expected to have received it!

d.browning, this particular tax did not come into effect until March 2012 and, even then, was not, apparently, implemented throughout France. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

This is just a new name for an old tax - 

I expect the first letter that tells you of the amount & when payable & whether in  2 parts - went to your old address - you usually get it a good  6 months before payment date!

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

no THAT new,from 2010. got it when we built ours in 2010/11

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxe_d'aménagement

Sorry no image available

P.S.

I forgot to say that the first bill was received exactly six months before this one and my new house was signed over to me in April 2014.

Sorry no image available

Yes, it is worrying.

I've decided to pay this now but shall be writing a letter to ask if this is, in fact, the second part of the total, or whether it has been sent out in error.

It's difficult to know, as I received no notification whatsoever in advance of these invoices.

The strange thing is that both invoices have stickers with my new address covering my former address.  The invoices themselves have been sent out from Alençon, Normandy but show contact addresses here in Finistère at which to make enquiries.  Each invoice has a different contact address   ...   one is in Brest and the other is in Landerneau.  I'm hoping that there has been a duplication!

Watch this space!

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

That's worrying, Watty - we went into our Local Mairie some days ago and were advised that the bill we had received was a one-off, so hopefully not to be repeated. Can you be sure that it is a second bill for the remaining half and not just another demand for the 1st that perhaps they have not recorded properly as paid ?

Despite other people's assurances that the taxe fonciere is not due for 2 or even 3 years, our Mairie's office said that there was no waiving of the taxe fonciere at all. We will have to see.

Sorry no image available

Further to our previous discussions, I have just received a second bill for this development tax, in the same amount as the first (which was received last October).

Both bills arrived without any prior warning and nowhere, on either bill, does it state that this is a part-invoice.  I just hope that this second bill is the final one!

The actual total amount of these two bills equates to approximately FOUR years of Taxes Foncières.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Be astounded - information on such matters in France is often not as forthcoming as you seem to think it  is. I repeat - this is why these discussion pages thrive - people can benefit from the experience of others. The AngloInfo site is based on the principles of helping people who settle abroad, not to chastise them for not  knowing everything they could have thought of, despite all the research already undertaken.