DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxe d'Habitation

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

If you live here full time why not set up an account on the impots website. Go paperless, save a tree - not to mention a lot of time and hassle.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

As I am the OP...   I simply went into my beaureau de Tesser, explained that I did not receive a statment/demand for payment, and all was resolved in less than 5 mintues!  Even changed our address with them as we are now permanent in France.   Easy Peasy...

Sorry no image available
Posted by derekfarmerdelson@hotmail.co.uk - 3 years ago

I'm in the same position. Got a Holiday Home in Brittany but haven't had the taxes d'habitation yet and didn't receive the taxes foncieres invoice either. Had to e-mail the local Maire (who kindly sent me a copy taxes foncieres in September).

Even though I wrote to all the statutory authorities regarding a change of address here in the UK earlier this year, it doesn't seem to have had any effect with the Centre des finances publiques in Broons. I have of course asked the local Maire to assist yet again, but so far had no reponse. I am an OAP - have been for 3 years - but due to the lack of information, I have no idea if this could be the reason for non-receipt.

My answer to all this? I'm going to send a cheque for exactly the same amount as charged last year and see if that prompts some kind of response from them. At least I can't be accused of not paying on time. Don't need all this hassle over something so simple as paying a bill and giving serious thought to selling up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

This year there was a change in the reductions - but there was a change of mind , so it was reintroduced after the 'bills' were set up so refunds will be made!!!

Next years has not been decided yet!

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Your local marie will have access to the TDH records so you could also pop in there if that is more convenient

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

For the past 4years I have not had to pay TDH because my income was below the threshold. I did not get a bill or any notification that I was exempt. This year I expected to pay as my income has higher during 2014 and sure enough I received a bill in early November and I sent off a cheque which went through about a week later.

Yesterday I had a letter saying I would be refunded what I have just paid next March (I think I can apply to get the refund earlier if I wish) so I really don't know what is going on. It is nice to get a refund but what a complicated system. On the one hand they leave you wondering whether you will have to pay or not and on the other when you do pay, they refund you a few weeks later.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bhouse-10060550 - 3 years ago

Iguana Rock, if you don't have anything to pay you do not get a bill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by helicopterrob - 3 years ago

Iguana Rock Report

Why don't you register online and then you can access all the documents you need and won't have to wait for them to be sent to you.

We still get an invoice for Taxe Habitation although it is zero.

Where would I register online as I am in a similar  situation of having not received any bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Why don't you register online and then you can access all the documents you need and won't have to wait for them to be sent to you.

We still get an invoice for Taxe Habitation although it is zero.