DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

tenants and rent

Posted by walnut72 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 4 years ago

it does include all the hot water they can use too!

thanks for all the replies

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 4 years ago

My mistake walnut72, I read it wrong, in that case you are well within your rights to reclaim the amount they owe you, if 40€ is the contract then 40€ they must pay. However, getting them to cough up may be something totally different.

@footbal mad...I don't think that is excessive, my water bill for one person per year is around 200€ give or take a few euros, so over a period of 3yrs that seems about right to me.

Sorry no image available

the contract says 40euros per month for charges plus rent plus electric by meter reading

as there are 2 people, I made the mistake of collecting 20euros as I forgot I had to double it we previuosly had 1 tenant,. they didnt mention my error, of course.

Sorry no image available

Is the property let furnished? If not and they are not unemployed, claim RSA,  or any of the other instances that can reduce their notice to leave then they are obligated to pay the rent until the end of the contract whether they remain in the property or not unless they give you notice. They cannot just leave and leave you high and dry, if they want to leave before the end of the notice you have given they must inform you of that by LRAR. With regards to the mistake you have made with the water, if it states in the contract that is the amount to pay and they have been paying you that amount each month there is nothing you can do.

Sorry no image available

strong>thats the point the correct amount was listed in the contract, yes I made a mistake but I do have a lot of my plate.

Yes of course I will probably have to let it go, just that my french neighbour says it is up to them to pay the amount in the lease and although I clearly made a mistake they should have paid the full amount.

hey hi, we'll see

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davey1200-433468 - 4 years ago

They should pay the amount listed in the contract.  If you have made a mistake too bad, your loss.

Sorry no image available

its for all hot and cold water, we pay for the electric to heat the hot water, internet,and some central heating

Sorry no image available
Posted by Football mad - 4 years ago

OK I misunderstood. You are then entitled to ask but it sounds as though it's unlikely that you'll get anything as that comes to about 600€. TBH that seems a lot for water anyway.Sometimes it's better to just wipe your face and move on.

Sorry no image available

sorry the signed agreement said 40euros but I screwed up and added 20euros by mistake and compounded by using the same receipt each month just changing the date! they are not on rsa or jobseekers but are long term 'disability', altho they do some work on the qt

Sorry no image available

If they are unemployed or receive RSA then yes they are right and only have to give you a months notice. 

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F31287.xhtml