Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Term Life assurance

Posted by jimbo99-445600 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

You have to be UK resident for assurance cover by Saga or any other company based in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimbo99-445600 - 3 years ago


was particularly unimpressed by the non-choices unless under age 60. Over age 60? Don't bother to ask as it's nowt. Funeral plan for 10 yrs@ euro41/month yields e4500 if you peg it, or e4500 refund after 10yrs. But miss 1 payment in 10 yrs? Kiss it all good-bye ! Better odds in the lottery me thinks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

hi jimbo, have you looked up 'assurance/capital décès' on comparison websites?  I think you will be unable to get short-term/generous cover because the profits in the french way of doing things is to catch you young, and assurance vie is more common than assurance décès.  Funeral cover here is pretty bad value, in my opinion.  I was surprised how many english policies become useless when you move abroad, so maybe it's helpful to have flagged that up for everybody...