Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


trading standards

Posted by Britney Ferry - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Depends where you are, we live not far form Carhaix in 29, there is an office there, sorry they have moved since we used them so may have to seek them out via internet or phone directory. They are called ACCOB (Association Consomateurs Centre Ouest Bretagne. You pay a subscription, around 25€  which covers you for the whole year. They will guide you through the requirements to colmplete your claim, if the law will back you up they will take it to court if necessary. They are effective, cheap and know there stuff. The second time we mentioned there name the trader (Garage) suddenly had a change of heart and quickly put things right.

Hope that helps you and/or others

Sorry no image available
Posted by leapfrog - 3 years ago

Every département has its own "Direction Départementale de la Protection des Populations"  (DDPP) who can be consulted free of charge. In Manche, it is in the préfecture, so perhaps start there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

You could try www.quechoisir.org   or www.clcv.org or your assurance juridique if you have it