Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Transfer of Funds...

Posted by Boscomp - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Bank transfer is the normal way - made so  many days in advance. We used Transferwise. However be aware that HMRC will be notified if you suddenly send vast sums overseas - I beleive the watching sum threashold is £10,000. Personally, I try to avoid any government agency having any reason to enquire into my actions even though they are entirely innocent.

You can also set up a French Bank account to pay for insurance and services etc remotely via Credit Agricole Britline service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vivaofsnape - 3 years ago

Yes it means by bank transfer, which will have to be in Euros, but you can make it from a UK Euro account using a SWIFT payment. Either talk to your UK bank or set up an account with one of the many online forex transfer companies. I use Currencyfair.com who I find excellent.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

The bank transfer payment method imposed on us by section 37 of Act 2011-331 of 28 March 2011 issue, to the exclusion of any other form of payment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

The key word is 'virement'.

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

It means that you have to pay by bank transfer. It gives you the reference to the law that dictates this.