DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

transferring ownership of a french property

Posted by Westbay-402174 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

You can transfer it under a private agreement called a " sous seigne prive" the costs of transfer are only payable at the actual sale of the property by the recipient partner , But what would I know  ? I'm sure there are others (as Usual) that will want to know better !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin King-393934 - 3 years ago

Some time back my partner and I split up.The house was in joint ownership and she agreed to transfer her half to me.We were talking but not on very good terms.

I spoke to the Notaire who sold us the property and he maintained that the only way for me to become sole owner was to buy her half.Under the agreement I had already transferred my half of our English property to her for a legal fee of about £300.

The purchase in France cost me all the usual Notaire fees plus Capital Gains Tax. I had to transfer over £20,000 pounds to my ex partners account and show proof to the Notaire.My ex later paid me back ( to even up the deal) less a few hundred pounds for spite.I suppose it could have been worse!

Maybe other readers will have a better suggestion on how you may resolve your problem.

Good Luck,

Martin

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

The only way to know what is the best solution would be to speak to a Notaire !