DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tv Licence

Posted by BlindOrange - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

I received my bill this week for payment by 15th November.  (If paid online one has an extra 10 days.)

However, I believe that for a maison secondaire the bills are sent out in November for payment in December.  (This was the case in Normandy   ...   perhaps it may be the same in Brittany?)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackelliot - 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me when the tax habitat bills are sent out. We bought our place last October. But since then only payed water and electric bills.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by steverockers-392585 - 3 years ago

I had the same problem a few years ago with bills being sent to an unoccupied flat in London despite constant requests and visits to les Impots.  The only certain way to get it sorted is to go to the impots and demand to see someone in person and then instruct then to do the computer alteration in front of you - it worked for me and took about 30 seconds !

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

"Blindorange . It may be that I will need to call into the impot to clarify things"

Good luck to you in trying to clarify things.  A friend who is staying with me at the moment let his house here in France 5 years ago and also moved house in the UK and has since been trying to persuade the Impots folk to change the address they send the tax bill to in the UK.  We have been into the office, sent recorded delivery letters, even taken a letter into the office and seen them amend the address on the computer.  Still the bill goes to the old address.

This year he got it because the daughter of the Post Woman knows the grand daughter of the owner and the bill eventually got to him having been handed into the grand daughter's teacher at school.

This year he has sent a recorded delivery letter from France to the office asking what more he needs to do to get them to act on the instructions in his letters.  I think he deleted the bit about reshaping the nose of the receptionist if it wasn't done.

All letters were written in perfect French by a French friend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

You can probably do it online. I had the same problem the other way round a couple of years back, they billed me and I don't have a TV. I submitted a query via my espace client on the website and very shortly afterwards they issued an amended bill, it all worked smoothly, very quick and easy and efficient.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlindOrange - 3 years ago

Thank you for the replies. It may be that I will need to call into the impot to clarify things, but by sending the invoice back with the cheque to include the TV licence, and a note explaining why I have done so, I at least have evidence that I made an error which I attempted to put right as soon as I realised it, and that the state has suffered no financial loss because of it.  That might keep me out of jail at the least.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Will have a look as might be entitled to several years rebate as I thought you had to be blind and deaf.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Really??

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F88

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

No it doesn't ,I have for several years been exempt for tax habitation and have paid the licence fee,you will also find that a lot otresor public's are now incorporated into the centre impots,you will need to go to the impots first as they may need to raise a bill for you,I have been in to the tresor public for various reasons and nearly always ended up at the impots.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

'If you are granted complete exemption from payment of the taxe d'habitation, then this will also grant automatic exemption from payment of the TV licence.'

http://www.french-property.com/guides/france/finance-taxation/taxation/local-property-taxes/