Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


UK Pension

Posted by Appleman - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

I think this has been discussed before and the information is at the bottom of the page on the goverment site that the link below should take you to. You pay a fixed rate of 7.5%



Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

To the best of my Knowledge the French government no longer recognise the tax free lump sum sinario. They add the amount to your annual income and tax accordingly. Maybe someone has more up to date information. I think it is worth getting some professional advice because the goalposts keep getting moved

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

Hi Appleman.  I think there have been previous postings about this, and lots will depend on whether you are fiscally resident in France etc.   Why pay for  an accountant when your local tax office will give you information for free?  They cannot give advice on any choice of action but will certainly be best placed to tell you how much your lump sum, 'x' or 'y' pounds will draw in french tax, and the sort of currency conversion they use.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

You will have to pay tax on the lump sum but get advice as there are a number of different ways to go about it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

Hello If I was you I would contact a English speaking Accountant/Tax advisor rather than rely on some of the spurious advice that will be given on here