DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

water bill

Posted by jackelliot - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

JackElliott...I would get someone to check you have no leaks because your 77 €uros per month is enough for 3 households....I have sheep, ponies, donkeys, dogs, cats, Lovebirds who all have fresh water every day, garden & plants, plus all the usual household usage & I pay 23 €uros per month...so something not right with your high payments.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

We pay ours at the post office.  One thing that shocked me moving from the country side to a village was the price of drains ect was higher than our water consumption. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

It would be extremely unusual (unlikely even !) if methods of payments and where to pay are not marked on the bill. In all my years in France I have never had a utility bill which did  not state how and where to pay.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

77 euros a montb for water is astronomical, even if you are on mains drainage. As for payment, send a rib from your chequebook to the water company in the envelope they would have sent with the bill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alpacas - 3 years ago

We sold our house in 2013 and moved back to the UK.  SAUR are still sending us bills even though they were given notice of our sale and reading at that time !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Are you on mains drainage ?  You may have a bill for this as well as water charges.

( unless you are cofusing the payment  with another charge - tax habitation/fonciere?)

The bill should state what it is for  & where to pay -  or send cheque.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

77 euros a month seems an incredible amount to me; ours is about 150 a year Personally I would check the meter reading and check that you do not have a leak.In respect of paying who provides the water is it the commune or a private company

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

is the estimated reading printed on this bill close to the actual reading on your meter.  It might be best to check if you are paying the right amount each month.  There are two of us and we pay about 300 euros a year for our water.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

We pay ours at the Hotel d' Impot in Carhaix.When you go through the doors on the far left is a door where you pay bills.