DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Winter fuel allowance

Posted by Aliben-397416 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandijayne - 3 years ago

Unfortunately we will not be getting the fuel allowance this year as we are supposedly 5 degrees warmer in Brittany!  That is what they told me.

I didnt even get a £10 xmas bonus last year! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aliben-397416 - 3 years ago

No, sorry didn't see that, I usually only go on Anglo info when I need to sell something or find out something, too busy normally. I'll have to do a bit more selling now though, to keep warm this winter!

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

I thought that petition had received enough signatures, obviously not. They need to come here January and February.  Then tell us sicily is colder. I went to sicily December, we were in shorts some days, the Sicilians were in great coats. It is what you are used to. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 3 years ago

There was petition about this some while ago for us ex pats but it did not receive enough signatures.

Too late now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

"And wasn't all this discussed ad nauseum on every expat forum many months ago?"

Yes - the subject has been done to death on just about every forum you can think of-except the ones that the OP reads.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

So!!! Aliben obviously didn't see it or is new to AI

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

And wasn't all this discussed ad nauseum on every expat forum many months ago?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

"It is a fallacy that Italy is always hot-in my last winter there in Central Itany it got down to -13 c"

You appear to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick here- The UK anti-expat brigade headed up by Ian Duncan Smith has decreed that Italy-even the south - even Sicily- is colder than France so is qualified to recieve winter fuel payment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

We were in Italy this time of year once and we were sunbathing in swim suits on a beach!

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

It is a fallacy that Italy is always hot-in my last winter there in Central Itany it got down to -13 c