DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

yet another scam email - Credit Agricole

Posted by paul & nadine - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heligan - 4 years ago

It doesn't surprise me with Credit Agricole, because the security for their internet banking system is so simplistic. Compare it with, say, Nationwide in the UK, and there is no comparison.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 4 years ago

This week I have had dozens of scams coming in on just 1 of my email ads. telling me that I have won a prize for anything from an AirFrance ticket to a destination of my choice, SNCF ticket valid all over France to a bouquet of flowers every week for a year, a top model car to Carrefour voucher for a trolley full of shopping...just plop your bank details below & these cadeaux will become a reality...they even have the cheek to have a "click here" to stop the emails which if you do confirms they've targeted the right person...so the only place I click is "supprimer"...au revoir....

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlindOrange - 4 years ago

The safest thing to do if you have any doubts, is to log into your bank via the address line on your browser. Never just click on a link in an e-mail, unless you are absolutely certain it is genuine. In fact to be totally secure, never click on a link in an e-mail if it has any reference to a site you wish to be secure on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 4 years ago

Thanks paul and nadine,  when I got one of these years ago I told the bank, and they more or less said it happens all the time..