DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Baking Bad

Posted by rua-408032 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rua-408032 - 3 years ago

Thank you ff, will be off to find them as soon as my current visitors leave, I'm fed up not being able to get what I need from the supermarkets, seems like one day they have lots and the next week none plus no idea when it will next be in stock.    Last week no wholemeal flour in either Leclerc or Intermarche.

Thanks again

Rua

Sorry no image available
Posted by sleighbells - 3 years ago

Thankyou :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

Thanks for that Freckleface  , I been in UK  for a few days and  didn't  have internet so couldn't  reply.

As you say well worth the trip.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freckleface-401505 - 3 years ago

It is called Moulin de Restaudran, it is located off the 769 at Plouay. If you first find Bricomarche, there is a mini roundabout close by and you turn either right or left depending on the direction from which you have arrived,it is about two kilometeres down this road and is signposted.Their telephone is 0297333034 and email contact@moulinderestaudran.com

I have used them for years, they stock about 30 types of flour, alltypes of seeds,graines and excellent dried yeast at a fraction of the cost of supermarket yeasts.You can buy in 1.5 5 10 or 25 kilo bags.

Its well worth the trip!!

Sorry no image available

Hi sb

Sorry, I'm not sure what the address of the mill is, its mentioned by cmat who posted a reply to my query.     I'm going to ask around and see if anyone knows where it is.

regards

Rua

Sorry no image available

It's 60 km from me but still interesting. What is the address of the mill?

Sorry no image available

Hi Janouk

Just to confirm those two sources sb mentioned.    Leclerc do a 5 kg bag of plain granary flour, also a good plain wholemeal and I buy from the Biocoop as well.although I must try and find the mill at Plouay mentioned by Cmat.    Plouay is only about 5ks away and I would imagine buying direct from a mill would be more economic.

Regards

Rua

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Thanks for that sleighbells.

Sorry no image available

Took a pic of those in the cupboard just now, but can't use it... We buy flour from Leclerc and Intermarché e.g. "Francine, Pain Maison" and we buy from Biocoop e.g.  "Farine Bio, La ferme de Kerveguen, Froment type 110". 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

As others have said I use the fresh yeast, but the difficulty for me is finding the correct bread flour as they mostly seem to be with the "levure" incorporated, although I have used that and put some fresh yeast with it as well, if you've found just plain ordinary bread flour in any supermarkets which ones were they please?

Many thanks