DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

beansprouts

Posted by rolex666 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rolex666 - 3 years ago

Thanks for your interest. I went to Bio this morning and they sell them as beansprouts. Chinese for tea tonight !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Finny Stare - 3 years ago

We buy mung beans from the Biocoop in Carhaix, the home grown ones have a really nice, nutty flavour and are quick to sprout.  

Sorry no image available

thanks I'll give it a try.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenandpleasant - 3 years ago

It really could not be easier - you can sprout any seed or grain (mung beans as above, alfalfa, lentils, adzuki beans, peas - I'm doing red cabbage at the minute!) - soak a few overnight in a jam jar, then rinse them the next day, and every day after that - twice if you remember - you should see them sprouting after 24 hours, and they'll be ready to start eating as you need them after about 3 or 4 days.  I have some on the go constantly, they are so good for you and really it could not be any more simple!

Sorry no image available

Thanks for replying. I have thought about growing my own but have always thought it would be difficult. I may give it a try. any tips?

roger

Sorry no image available
Posted by MrsOverallagain - 3 years ago

Try the BIOCOOP in Carhaix. If they don't have the beans sprouts themselves they'll have the mung beans - along with many other seeds for sprouting. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Bought mine in the Geant last week in Morlaix.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonybee-957727 - 3 years ago

Like you we love Chinese food , cooked at home, so why not grow your own bean sprouts?

You can buy Mung beans online and its so easy to grow them,