DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Brazil Nuts.

Posted by Kerroux - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

I vaguely remembered that there was a reason for the disapperance of brazil nuts, and here it is:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4065611.stm

It's the nuts in Brussels again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 4 years ago

Thanks to all.Will go anutting tomorrow.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JPD3325 - 4 years ago

I have a Brazilian colleague, but she's not really all that crazy or nutty.. Not sure why people here are saying they see lots of nutty brazilians hanging around in supermarkets.  I've personally never seen any When shopping. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bibi-403151 - 4 years ago

In super U noix d,amazonie under super U packets , in aisle with all nuts etc. Enjoy

Sorry no image available
Posted by nelly15 - 4 years ago

I buy mine from a health food shop. Sometimes loose, en vrac cheaper. Also in packet's

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61-782152 - 4 years ago

I think that they are a seasonal thing. In the past I have seen them in the hypers usually in the fresh vegetable section, on the shelves next to the dried prunes etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 4 years ago

I have bought packs of shelled brazil nuts in Lidl in the past but I haven't seen them there recently.  Perhaps it's a seasonal thing. 

It may be worth looking for them in the Bio shops - if they don't stock them they may be able to order for you.  (Noix du Bresil but I'm sure you know ......)

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

Have a look at Lidl, they have q good selection of nuts (and not just the clientele:-))

janet