DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

brittany ferries Tea

Posted by stevietee - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

I'm  allergic to  caffeine so I ask for decaf coffee, it arrives weak ( they seem to assume that if you ask for decaf you like weak coffee) so I send it back and ask for strong, never had an issue with doing that! I always get a good strong decaf  when I ask for it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

No I agree but the majority of the staff are french ,the.coffee is terrible in the self serve much better at the bar ,

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Ah, but when you are on the Ferry you are not in France nor England!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

The clue is in the posting Brittany ferries ,french people normally drink tea without milk ,thus enabling a weaker brue to become palatable .Simple rule of thumb don't drink tea in France and as a rule don't drink coffee in England unless you know the host or coffee shop ,that includes Starbucks and Nerô.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

From the horse's mouth

'Our English Breakfast is over 80 years old and tastes even better than ever. This blend is the perfect mix of Assam, Ceylon and Kenya to complement any breakfast whether it’s a healthy bowl of fruit to a wholesome full English. Even though this blend is perfect for the morning it is also fantastic throughout the day, whenever you need a little pick me up this one will help.'

Presumably if someone doesn't enjoy the blend-bring your own.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Really Moi then what is in the T Bags?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin King-393934 - 3 years ago

If you are paying for 'a la carte' and the tea is 'weak' then ask for a stronger brew! I have always found all aspects of BF excellent value for money,polite and keen to please.

Sorry no image available

As I've never seen BF serve leaf tea (and the OP talks about tea bags) you'd be wise to ask for the number of teabags you, as an individual require, to make a cup of tea to suit your palate. I know plenty of British folk who are quite happy to drink gnat's tea and others who prefer a builder's brew.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Tell me Moi what do you ask for to get a good cup of English style Tea where the boiling water has been poured onto the leaves and left to brew or mash for a suitable period?

Sorry no image available

'weak' tea is what you get if you don't ask for what you want!