DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cash and Carry

Posted by rkvroberto - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

rkvroberto-Do nt apologise for starting an arguement on here There are contributors who will swear black is white and arguing is their hobby.Now if they were all like me and knew eveything about everything.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by rkvroberto - 3 years ago

I'd like to thank you all for your contributions re cash and carry purchases. My aim is to open a french restaurant here in the uk and the intention is to buy traditional french produce that I cannot purchase here. To tie in a shopping trip with a bit of a holiday was all I was thinking.

I seem to have opened up a can of worms and caused some of your contibutors to quarrel and for this I apologise. 

Thank you again for your help and advice

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

METRO

Quimper (Ergué-Gabéric)
Rond Point de Kerourvois - Route de Coray
29500  Ergué-Gabéric

PROMOCASH

Quimper

ZI de Ty Douar, 11 allée Louis Jouvet
29000 Quimper

Morlaix

ZA du Launay, Rue du Grand Launay
29600 Saint Martin des Champs

Brest

ZAC de Kergaradec, Rue Augustin Fresnel
29490 Guipavas

Sorry no image available
Posted by joffs - 3 years ago

Bretonne,

i was just wondering ..... Can you tell me a few names of cash and carry s in britattany, especially finistere. I wouldn't mind going into business but wasn't sure there were any c and c s as there are so few independant grocery shops due to the amount of successful large supermarkets. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Lol, farmingbrittany. If someone asks questions about farming here, I keep out and if I read it, I would take the voice of experience over some rule that looks illogical and the reason is, it is. So if you answer a question about farming and I take it by your name you might be an experienced person but do you know, you will still face people who will challenge your experience by googling for an answer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Go on Rance!! way to go,you speak fact not fiction or Brit interpretation in your replies, keep it up  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out why somebody running a business in the UK would come all the way to France to buy food.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gogo Yubari - 3 years ago

I can't see any mention of illegal trading in any of these posts apart from yours wizzywhiskas and who is this "we" that you talk about anyway? I think most people would prefer to pay the least possible for any merchandise. 

Sorry no image available

As I said whizzy,if the OP goes and talks with a branch of a wholesaler and show their credentials as a legal business in the UK, the company will have it all photo copied to protect themselves. You seem to have forgotten in these nti EU times that trade borders are ope. Yes for sure, a person living in France with a commerce could not open an account without receiving a K bis from the Greffe being offered to the Metro/ PromoCash etc.

And as for who am I to say, well we had accounts for donkeys years with both companies and saw many people not living in France buying goods for their business in the UK, or the Channel Islands. It's about experience of the matter rather than trying to go by what you see as the rules.

Finally, If you were to read the OP, the chap said it was for his business in the UK, not for using the products here in France. So perhaps you could tell us all how he could harm you or anyone else here as you are suggesting?

Sorry no image available

Sorry, indeed that used to be the case but Makro was sold to Bookers sometime ago but it was often the case you could do that. Some Metro's allowed it others didn't. Quite bizarre but quite French !