DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Chez odette mael carhaix

Posted by lynnbar - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnbar - 3 years ago

Their breakfast is very good and the bacon is lovely. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Someone told me, she now gets her bacon from England. So how good that is now I don't know. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ann-Marie Ellis - 3 years ago

We discovered Chez Odette during our Summer holiday in Mael Carhaix.  We enjoyed fish and chips and the Sunday lunch whilst we were there, and we were most impressed by the fish and chips of the two, although the Sunday lunch was also hearty and tasty.  We come to Mael Carhaix at least three times a year, so it is really good to know that Chez Odette is there as a place that offers lovely service, a warm and welcoming atmosphere and very tasty food, all within walking distance of where we stay, which is rare in the area.  Brian and Daria are, as others have already stated, a really lovely and welcoming couple - great hosts.

We are going back at the end of October, and it's highly likely we shall be popping in, maybe to try the breakfast this time. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

tried to go the other afternoon and they were closed. their signs says closed at 2pm so no afternoon tea

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevietee - 3 years ago

we went there,but sadly hot food should be served on hot plates,bread and butter came at end of meal,but enjoyed the breakfasts,necafe would be nice,

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by yoshi-427509 - 3 years ago

we to have eaten at chez odette lovely food and very friendly people only one thing i found the bacon a bit salty for my taste burger was great though. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by oldspot-443361 - 3 years ago

the food is great but i also think you need to buy the right ingredients to start with, Kerbian farm suply the bacon and sausages i was told.

we visited them at the cbj market last sunday and got some there, they were great.

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

When I met Daria a few months ago before they opened she said that she was going to do afternoon teas as well. I've not been able to get up there yet but does anyone know if they are doing them? Also do they have a website does anyone know?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 3 years ago

we went there with friends 2 weeks ago for fish and chips they were really good,thank you both.regards derek