DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

clotted cream

Posted by blahblahblah-924845 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by blahblahblah-924845 - 3 years ago

many thanks to all. I now have some cornish clotted cream from Kerbian farm.

Sorry no image available
Posted by elbel-434863 - 3 years ago

Thank you, bretonne - will try Dinan market next week

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

If you can't find creme crue in the supermarkets try your local market - the stall selling cheeses etc. Most markets sell it - usually by weight.

Sorry no image available
Posted by elbel-434863 - 3 years ago

I've never managed to find 'creme crue' in supermarkets near us (Dinan). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places in the chiller cabinets. Does anyone in this area know where to get it locally?

Rodda's cornish clotted cream can be bought  from La Maison de Bleu Lin, the little tea rooms near to the Maison du Gouverneur on the Jerzual in Dinan, but unfortunately I think it will be closed for the next few weeks while the owner is on holiday. She usually opens again for the half term school holiday but too late for your school event, blahblahblah :(

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

I'd second the suggestion for crème crue.  (small plain white plastic pots in the chiller cabinet.)

Delicious!

Sorry no image available
Posted by blahblahblah-924845 - 3 years ago

many thanks to you all for your  replies. I'll try the farm and also try out experimenting making at home.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Millisle - 3 years ago

Hi,

If it's any help--nearest I can get is marscapone-with a little added cream,and beat till it gets to  thickness you require-a case of needs must when devil drives-you can add a little sugar if required.

Sorry no image available
Posted by heathertowie - 3 years ago

It can be made at home if you can get very very creamy milk. It's just milk in a shallow pan, heated very gently over several hours. Don't let it boil. Then take the lovely yellow crust off. Well, that is how it was done when I was a child....  

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

Failing that "creme crue" from markets and some large supermarkets is unpasteurised, unsweetened very thick cream.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Hi

I suggest you contact Kerbian Farm I am pretty sure they sell it now :)