DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Comptoir Irlandais Guingamp

Posted by foureyes-10044529 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Many thanks for all your postings, it has been a great help and has given me a number of points to consider and things to look out for.

Sorry that a little friction occurred between some of the postings, but again AI people have come up trumps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Then maybe the AngloInfo list needs to be updated.

And Sheldon, it has not been our experience that they are in all the supermarkets.  There is a huge amount of green tea, but that's not the same thing.  Decaf tea is black tea with the caffeine removed.  We have managed to buy the aforementioned the du soir, which appears to be what we want.

I think we can probably put this thread to rest now!  Thanks for your help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheldon-433307 - 3 years ago

But they're in all the supermarkets!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ComptoirIrlandais - 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

just to set things straight, Le Comptoir Irlandais is going well. We have 43 shops in France and an online shop. The one is Guingamp has closed 22 years ago and the one is Quimper has never closed except to change address several years ago or during floods in the town.

We do sell Barry's decaf tea : http://www.comptoir-irlandais.com/fr/thes-nature/928-barry-s-detheine-40-sachets.html

Here is the list of our shops (we do keep it up to date) : http://www.comptoir-irlandais.com/fr/content/9-nos-magasins

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Thanks guys - sounds like the vide grenier might be the way to go.  Failing that, there is a product called 'the du soir' which appears to be decaf, and looks to be available in Intermarche.

Once again. thanks to you all.  This is such a great resource!

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

You can get decaffeinated tea bags  in the vide greniers in either Plusquellec, Bulat Pestivien or Callac (these are the ones held monthly on a Sunday) The next one is at Callac on sunday 27th. There is a woman who sells a whole range of teas there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

I think the whole franchise of the "Comptoir Irlandaise" went up in smoke even the one in Quimper was closing down last time I went ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Hi

Yes it appears to have gone there is one in Lannion or Saint Brieuc that are still open (think they are the nearest to you)