DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Custard Cream buscuits and Red Leicester cheese

Posted by Farthing - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

No forked tongue here.Buy custard creams Gourin LeClercs, Le Faouet, Carrefour,Gourin Intermarche.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

Why not shop online in UK and have it delivered here by one of the many people who provide this service We love A2B foods they can deliver frozen as well. Our weakness is greggs sausage rolls which we buy from Iceland as well as loads of other goodies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Farthing - 3 years ago

I fear many of you speak with forked tongues. On the information supplied I have searched every major supermarket bewteen Carhaix and Morlaix and not a sausage, well no custard creams and no Red Leicester that is. Plenty of other British delicacies - Chedder, Chocolate Digestive, even a Barrets Sherbert tube (with liquorace straw) for those who remember them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Farthing, bless you your custard creams and red cheese are as wonderful as PG tea, marmite, English bacon. Jacobs cream crackers. Super U always have an English counter. Also they always sell chedder. two types, Hav'nt seen the red English cheese unfortunately. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

Custard creams are a terrible addiction.

Should really should seek help for this.

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by Farthing - 3 years ago

I'm off over there right now!

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

the custard creams are on the English shelves.Also sell them in Intermarche

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Can you tell me which Carfefoure you are referring to.  I have never found Red Leicester in even the largest Carrefoure Supermarkets in Vannes or Rennes.

I usually buy it in Paris at Marks and Spencer or when I got back to the UK.  Freezes quite well.]

As for Custard Creams being sold in Leclerc and Carrefour, again never found them, though I did find crumpets in Carrefour Vannes last time I was there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

You could try a Super U as the one near us sells the cheese you are after :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Try the bigger Carrefore stores