DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fresh turkeys in LIDL

Posted by Iguana Rock - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

no good thinking about these turkeys for christmas, they had 1 in lidl on rostrenen this morning.  out of curiosity i went to look at the date    best before december 6th.  you could of course freeze it till christmas.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

Back in the UK I always purchased a frozen duck or goose from Lidl, at Xmas  not seen them in Lidl here .

They were the only ones I used to buy that tasted as good as my home reared ones, the frozen ducks from Tes.o were very poor . 

I will look fior a fresh turkey next time I visit a store here 

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 3 years ago

We've found, over the years, that the smaller turkeys here are much tastier than the huge ones we used to have in the UK. Have a try, you might be pleasantly surprised

Sorry no image available
Posted by staffordian - 3 years ago

Thank you Iguana Rock .We have a very good Lidl at Guingamp,also one at Carhaix and a smaller one at Lanvallon.At one time we could get cottage cheeses at Guingamp,but it disappeared.I suppose not enough people brought it.

we have a good boulangerie,all fresh.

Think it is a really good shop and get most of our shopping there.Good quality and prices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Hi Staffordian. The LIDL stores here vary a lot on what lines they stock so I would recommend trying a few different ones. Our local one is St Pol de Leon but it's quite smalll and no in-store Boulangerie. So, we often drive to Landivisiau as that one is much bigger and better stocked, totally different. And the in-store Boulangerie is fantastic.

Sorry no image available

Not for just two of us thanks.We would be eating a big one for ever.

it was lovely and moist and after two meals,plenty for the cats and dog we still have leftovers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BennyB-936084 - 3 years ago

Each to their own, I walked past them twice... Thought they were big chickens.... Give me a big turkey any day !

Sorry no image available

I bought one too.Had it for lunch yesterday and cold with home made chips today.Really good.I hope they have them in again for Christmas.It was as good as any other I have ever had.

I love Lidl as well.Wish they had the selection here that they do in the UK,but don't suppose we can expect the same things.

Sorry no image available
Posted by guillygirl29 - 3 years ago

Very reasonable too, I bought one today, love lidls x