DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Good Food Near Redon

Posted by simlast - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dungey1 - 4 years ago

Sorry, but I disagree about Au bout de Pont.....it is a bar aswell as a restaurant...and is generally full so plenty warm enough. It is superb in the summer as they have a lovely terrace at the front where you Can sit, eat and people watch. The plat de jour is about 13€ for 3 courses....hardly breaking the bank for good quality food....

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

I agree with you Simlast that the events of the evening of Saturday 14th February at Le Rosbif were superb.  Electric Blue is a really great group playing a good mix for young and old alike.  It was almost midnight when I arrived home.

There were plenty of French at the bar and many eating Burgers, steak and fish and chips.  The table next to me had two very young children enjoying themselves with their parents and I left before them!

A good night was had by all and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I would agree with Dungey1 that Au Bout de Pont is a really good place to eat though I would go in warmer weather as it can be cold and it is also quite noisy probably due to the lack of soft furnishings.  I would also recommend the Pelican in Rochefort en Terre.  However, both of these are in a different price bracket to Le Rosbif and they are not bar / restaurants but just restaurants.

At Le Rosbif you can have 3 pints of Paulaner and a plate of Fish and Chips and still have change from 20 Euro.  At both Au Bout de Pont and the Pelican you would need a fat wallet.

Photographs of the evening of 14th February can be seen here: http://redon.dubna.co.uk/index.php/villages-in-morbihan/st-vincent-sur-oust/le-rosbig-st-valentine-s-night

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dungey1 - 4 years ago

Depends what you mean by interesting....if you mean nights out in a place full of expats, I can't help...however if you want somewhere with good food at a good price where the locals enjoy, I would recommend Le Ciboulette in Peilliac.....open mainly lunchtimes at this time of year...more in the summer months. Has a lovely terrace overlooking the canal....very friendly. Simple menu but lovely.

Au Bout de pont in La Gacilly.....lovely atmosphere...fabulous plat de jour menu....very nice patron who speaks English. Open lunches and evenings but need to book.