DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

gourmet restaurant in Pontivy?

Posted by tertraie - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by motorobin - 3 years ago

If you're happy with the standard of the Table d'O in Josselin, you might want to try le Prieure de Clisson - up the high street in Josselin on the right hand side, but only open at lunchtimes, or how about Auberge Grand Maison in Mur de Bretagne - worth the trip - both have websites. Good Luck!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tertraie - 3 years ago

Hi,

we  run a hotel barge on the canal and end our cruises at Rohan on alternate weeks. We love the L'eau D'oust as the food is superb but they have been shut the last 4 times I have tried to book. (fermeture exceptionel, conges, no answer to the phone, problemes avec famille, etc etc etc) We can take our guests a reasonable distance from Rohan. We use the Table D'O in Josselin (super) on the way but need another really good restaurant somewhere nearish to Rohan.

Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Sorry no image available
Posted by motorobin - 3 years ago

Hi Ian,

You don't say where you live, that would help to gauge the distance you're prepared to travel, for example is St Ave (near Vannes) too far for you?

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Sorry to disagree BartyB but the Auberge in Mur OK if you like fancy looking food and you are not hungry.  All very pretty but I thought poor value for money,I would never go there again.  I would suggest the St Antoine in Plemet, not open on Mondays.  Two menus 14 or 30 Euros or a la carte.  

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

You don't say where you "could travel as far as Pontivy" from but a few extra KMs brings you to Mur de Brettagne and Auberge Grand Maison , well worth the trip.

Sorry no image available
Posted by myrtle-391965 - 3 years ago

Try the L'Aiglon restaurant opposite the Chateau in Pontivy.  Great food, excellent service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Penny Sheldon-880709 - 3 years ago

Hi, happy to recommend the restaurant in the hotel in Guilliers, they do excellent lunch and dinner menus, the quality and presentation are first class and in my opinion reasonably priced.

The hotel is just on the corner opposite the chuch.

Enjoy !