DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ice cream maker

Posted by suky-98776 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gwenn-391886 - 3 years ago

Anyone know why my ice cream tastes 'strange'?  I'm using the thick cream from Super U (crème de Normandie épaisse entière) in an ice cream maker but it seems to have a distinctive taste.  Is there a different cream I could try?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheshirecat-787308 - 3 years ago

I just checked with the original recipe, and limoncello can also be added

it can be tweaked in other ways too....

Sorry no image available
Posted by suky-98776 - 3 years ago

thannk you

Sorry no image available

400 ml lait ribot

60 ml lemon juice

zest of lemon

100g honey

40g sugar

mix everything together with a hand held blender (original recipe instructions!)

leave in fridge for an hour, put in ice cream maker OR

put in freezer, remove after an hour and stir, bringing frozen edges in to middle and stir well.

Repeat every hour or so untl dinnertime!

from blog ..... chocolate & zucchini, august 2008

Sorry no image available

sounds good.  yes please.

Sorry no image available

I have a lovely lemon ice cream recipe which uses lait ribot and honey. You can use an ice cream maker or remove from the freezer and stir - and repeat until it's frozen.

I'll look it up if anyone wants it.

Sorry no image available

There is one I make without machine and diabetics on low carb diet can eat but it sets so hard  you need a strong wrist to dish it up!  It's quite nice to taste but obviously not as good as proper ice cream.  I use creamed mozarella, cream (entiere) raspberries or the like and vanilla or whatever other flavouring you fancy.   I have to use Erytimol (can't remember how to spell right this moment) sugar.  The whole lot is blended and popped in the feezer in ice cream container.   I am hoping I can do the same thing if I buy an ice cream maker and get it to the right consistency.  The jury 's out!

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

I have the Ben & Jerry's recipe book.....  YUM!!!    And, no, you cannot substitute sugar or cream; I've tried.

Sorry no image available
Posted by telljan - 3 years ago

I bought a cheapish one last year but can't seem to get it right. Found many recipes online with varying success, any suggestions to a good recipe? Does creme fraiche work as it's so much cheaper than cream!? Thanks, Janice x

Sorry no image available

Thanks.  have replied.