DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Meringue mix.

Posted by John Rodney - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Nothing what so ever unusual about men cooking moi, my husband does it, as do many of our male friends, old and young. I wasn't aware that I'd indicated that it was unusual for men to cook, I  just said all credit to him for making a meringue in particular, whether he used a packet to do it with or not. It just shows that a chance remark can unintentionally set off yet another debate.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Dear me! What's unusual about a single man cooking in the 21st century-or any man for that matter?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Have only just read this post, so am late with my input. Oh John Rodney you opened a little can of worms asking that simple question, as so often happens on here and is what makes it interesting.

There are those among us that only ever make everything from scratch and those that are happy to open a packet or a jar, personally I think there's room for both and, as long as you enjoy the end product, that's all that matters I think, however, the real reason for my input here is to say that nobody has applauded you, a single guy, for having the courage and interest to even want to make a meringue, whether out of a packet or from scratch, so all credit to you I say!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

John Rodney, every single man should have the basics for making a curry in their cupboard! In fact I think that I would say they should have a specific cupboard just for their curry ingredients.

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 3 years ago

Yes John Rodney you can make all the dishes I quoted without egg whites !!!!!!!

have done them all just using egg yolkes, a little butter and maybe some cream now and again!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

sheperdscrook!!!!

You can't make any of those dishes without the egg white and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would have already used them to make the meringue!!

But, having said that, thank you for your reply and input.

bretonne. To you also, thank you.  Unfortunately I could not reach the final stage i.e. the payment stage.  It just morphed and would not continue.  I will try again at a later date.

Sorry no image available

We could go on for ever. Does everyone in France make their own jam,marmalade,bread,butter,cheese,pickles,chutneys?

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 3 years ago

No Mytle I make my curries from scratch - using all the different spices even sometimes aking my own curry powder and garam masala - tastes a lot better and less sugar/colorents etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by myrtle-391965 - 3 years ago

If you MUST have meringue, buy it ready made from any of the Hypermarkets!  Simples!  And doesn't everyone make curry from a jar of paste?

Sorry no image available

Egg yolks also make a great conditioner for the hair-lukewarm water only! :)