DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

picards

Posted by suky-98776 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stavros-390635 - 3 years ago

I've always shopped at Picard, Dinan as their quality is irreproachable and their prices are fair. I tried one of the 'home delivery' firms before Christmas: they made a big point of their free delivery. Although the products were quite acceptable, they didn't quite reach Picard's standard, and their prices seemed higher.

It's difficult to compare prices on an item by item count, as weights & quantities vary, but if you compare catalogues, they are all obliged to show a 'price per kilo'. I totted up a typical monthly shopping list, then converted all to kilos... the 'home delivery' firm were 40% dearer than Picard! So much for their supposed 'free delivery'!

I buy for the freezer every 5 or 6 weeks, with a spend of about 200 €uros - I'd rather spend that plus about 2 litres of diesel for certain quality, than 280 €uros for product that is not quite as good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

Thank you will have to go and and a tootle! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by suky-98776 - 3 years ago

I've been shopping there for quite a while and find their products excellent.  May not always have been sourced in France but if that isn't a problem then you should be happy.  I find shopping this way saves money and whilst I never thought I'd be buying frozen veg, being a organic shopper from way back, I always have veg in the freezer and provided you cook them properly e.g. steam or gently saute and not boil them to death, the flavour is great.  Their deals for the month are worth taking up but you will find some things are more expensive but you won't be throwing anything away.  The difference between Lidls fish fingers and Picards is very noticeable.   We even bought a pizza, unheard of in this household where I cook everything, and was very acceptable although I did add a few bits and pieces.  Has made my life easier and I'm all for that!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

The quality is excellent and have always found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

We have a Picards quite close to us, Is it a good place to shop? Had a look on their website but if you could advise quality etc that would be great.

Thank You :-)

Sorry no image available

I haven't heard of either of these companies.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

Could also try www.argel.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 3 years ago

http://www.toupargel.fr/

deliver in our area (right out in the sticks)

Sorry no image available

Thanks but no good.  The nearest they do is Pontivy so will do what we do as usual and pick up our goodies from Auray.   It's just a friend who lives in Guenin thought she saw a van delivering so I thought I'd enquire but she must have been mistaken.

Sorry no image available