DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pig Crisis

Posted by Burt Lancaster - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 18)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Years ago farmers had a local market which expanded into a regional market then into national market and now international market,there are seven billion people who need feeding everyday most of whom cannot afford western prices ,a lot of these people are employed to produce food for us westerners food which they cannot afford to buy,some of them don't earn enough a week to buy a kilo of pork and most of them are lactose intolerant so not a big market for dairy produce,at the moment it seems everywhere is awash with pork and all pig farmers of all nationalities are taking a hit not just French farmers,no one has an answer and all of what's happening at the moment is going to be a big test of the long term viability of a European union.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 3 years ago

Well said O Ren init. Plus what do cars have to do with original post.

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

Am I wrong or do I detect an anti-French sentiment in some of the above posts? I am confused as to why anyone would choose to live in a country that is not their homeland and then criticize the way things are done there. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

not a chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

That won't matter as long as it's got a French maker's badge on it - it's all about window dressing and the politicians posturing to the electorate.

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

Many "French" cars are already made in other countries albeit that they carry a Renault, Citroen or Peugeot badge !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Wait until the french decide that you can't register a non-french car - it''ll come eventually.

Sorry no image available
Posted by muffinam-389555 - 3 years ago

Yes it certainly is, but when does that ever stop the French!