DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

SEB authentique

Posted by enthuisiasm - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Good Ida, Start a WI.  can you imagine;;;;;, puddings botteling, wine making. Swap ideas. Hope you are not to far away once you begin. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

From all these posts, it is very clear that there would be a good deal of interest in an  idea we had a few years ago - a pudding club. We never took it any further, but I suspect it could be of equal interest to many French people too, as they like sweet food, butmost of their desserts are cold. Hot steamed puds and custard (not thin cold creme anglaise) would go down a treat, especially in the winter months.

Sorry no image available

tongsaibay

What about rosey red rhubarb, just pulled- with custard. My lovely French neighbour asked me how I made the  custard. Demonstration in the kitchen. So next time we are invited to dinner, we may be served with rhubard and custard. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tongsaibay - 3 years ago

Ooh, now you're talking - spotted dick (with custard), perhaps treacle pudding, steamed jam sponge - takes me back to my childhood!

Sorry no image available

Cmat

Wow steam pud recipe. Not being able to buy flour from the UK always hesitant doing a steamed pud with French flour. Maybe your recipe could help and I then will have that taste again, fantastic steam pud era in the 50's when Nan and Mum did them. ! My man is mad on spotted dick, that is a good old fashioned recipe too. Bring it on folks. Recipes!!!! Central Brittany Journal is amazing. In the Feb 2007 addition a recipe you would die for*; Once I have tried it then I will publish it on Anglo. First I have to visit the Co-op in Ploermel and then I will cook it. Not only has it got the ingredients for people who suffer from Allergies, ibs, bloating, wind, this product is gluton free. You could live on it. Watch this space

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

English words for the French word heureux blest, content, felicitous, fortuitous, fortunate, gay, glad, gleeful, happy, high, in high spirits, joyful, lucky, merry, palmy, pleased, sunny.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

Love my pressure cooker wouldn't  be without one. I even have a microwave  one from Lakeland  which is great for the 2 of us and so quick. Does small steamed  puddings in 2 mins and a small gammon joint in 25. So best of both worlds my big one for big portions  and one for small portions.

Sorry no image available

with a pressure cooker and the menues, you can cook for six people on a one ring gas, slowly hissing. It combines all the vitamins, economically an advantage. If you have leftovers, freeze and bingo, a ready meal for your busy days. I have used a pressure cooker since 1968. They are worth there weight in gold. Go for it. Save your points. Sometimes the shops have double and threble points on offer. Itsoon mounts up. 

Sorry no image available

It was free with the points at Super U. Valued at 99;99 EUROS yippee

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

FInding a good pressure cooking is worth its weight in gold! Bravo. :)