DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Selling

Posted by bijoux-434299 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

yllas tnua

thats bloody awful 13K..... I too am interested in doing some food sales but wow that cost is expensive ... where is your course the Ritz Paris ??? I already have a job so dont need to cut grass but wow to change direction it seems is a massive outlay !!!

intersting thread !!!

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by yllas tnua - 3 years ago

Hello Bijoux,  

I read this post with interest.  

I too have seen people selling fudge/cup cakes etc at car boots and as you say I'm sure they don't have commercial kitchens.  Maybe it's ok if it's only once or twice a year.

I made and decorated celebration cakes in the UK and would love to continue that here but to do it legally besides the food hygiene and the commercial kitchen, if I understand correctly, I would have to take the french patissiere course at a cost of about €13000!

so like you say, back to grass cutting!  good luck and I hope you suceed in finding a way to do what you want.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bijoux-434299 - 3 years ago

Ha ha typica! Maybe I shld just go and cut some grass!....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Missing Dog Valbonne - 3 years ago

You would also have to take a course for "food production" & hygeine" as with everything here except to cut grass and trim some bushes.

Sorry no image available

I pay my quarterly cotisations, but I don't pay tax at the end of each year as my income is under the amount required to pay tax! But I do have to  pay the yearly CFE charge which I wld have to pay even if I had 0 earnings! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Looking at avoican's profile he's a new member so probably he hasn't got used to how things work yet, there's a steep learning curve when you first arrive.

avoican, I'm not sure what you meant by 'taxes' in your statement "if your not making enough to pay taxes why do it". By far the largest element in the 'taxes' that most businesses pay is the social charges, and as an auto entrepreneur you start paying social charges from the first € you earn. If you earn 20€ you will pay social charges as a percentage of that. So the concept of an auto entrepreneur not making enough money to pay taxes doesn't really make any sense. The only way a AE would pay no social taxes is by earning nil, and if they keep earning nil they'll be kicked off the régime.

Income tax, for most small businesses, is a relatively minor burden. France has other ways of getting your money off you.

Sorry no image available

AVOICAN ..what do you mean by saying if you are not earning enough to pay taxes why do it? Do you mean why bother being an AE and working if you are not earning enough to pay taxes? The reason if you do mean that is I am a mum with 4 children, and this is something I can do while still being at home to look after them. I craft and there is not alot to be earnt if I am honest BUT it keeps me legal,,,gives me a bit of extra money and I feel like i am contributing into the system of the country i live in ;)

Sorry no image available

AVOICAN ..what do you mean by saying if you are not earning enough to pay taxes why do it? Do you mean why bother being an AE and working if you are not earning enough to pay taxes? The reason if you do mean that is I am a mum with 4 children, and this is something I can do while still being at home to look after them. I craft and there is not alot to be earnt if I am honest BUT it keeps me legal,,,gives me a bit of extra money and I feel like i am contributing into the system of the country i live in ;)

Sorry no image available

Thanks guys I am well aware of how the AE system works as I have been on it for 4 years,,,I cannot claim any expenses,,,,and my cotisations are based on the amount received from the client,,,which includes having to pay cotisations on any postage costs paid as this too cannot be deducted! It is the amount factured to the client I have to declare :) my question was purely on the food side...AVOICAN I had been told that I wld need a seperate kitchen...and for the sake of selling it twice or so a year it is totally not worth it!  although I went to a vide grenier yesterday and spotted about 5 french people selling homemade jams amongst all the toot on their tables ...bet they had no certification!

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

Avoican - you do not understand the Auto Entrepreneur scheme at all; you cannot claim any expenses whatsoever. What makes you think you can?

Steve