DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Special Offers - Intermarche

Posted by jaykay-10041854 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

Better still,  take a copy of the Offers magazine with you and you can show them if necessary!

The weirdest one I had was when I took a pack of promo cat food along and got charged full price. When I queried it they asked which shelf I'd got it from. I pointed at the cat food shelf.  Oh they said, you should have got it from the promo shelf... But it was the same product! Lol :). they did discount it though

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I doubt people remember all the prices, but knowing that on so many occasions, reduced price items are going through at full price, we either make a mental note of just these items, or jot the shelf price down on the shopping list.

Sorry no image available
Posted by badlittlemonkey - 3 years ago

How do you manage to remember the price of every single item in your trolley?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

This happens in all supermarkets here all of the time! I watch every item going through the till and tell them the errors. It's annoying and as Customer Service doesn't exist they clearly don't care! Sometimes, albeit rarely, it works in my favour! I never tell them as I figure I'm getting a little bit back from the years I was overcharged before I had the common sense to check!!

Sorry no image available

This special offer problem seems to be prevalent, much more so in France than the UK. It happens in a lot of the supermarkets and also the brico stores.

The trouble is - so many people just don't notice. Quite clearly, when staff put the price change on the shelves, they are not resetting the barcode pricing. Big question - is this down to inefficiency, forgetfulness, laziness or is it deliberate ?

In bricos, they have even argued with me in front of queues of people. Not to be outdone, I have had to drag a member of staff to the display to prove the price reduction.

Strangely, it very seldom happens when the price has increased, so I leave people to draw their own conclusions as to the reasons why this happens.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

If you notice while still in the shop, go to customer services with your receipt and they'll refund you the difference. Also if they forget to take coupons off products at the till. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by babyblue-407061 - 3 years ago

Any off Egr I pick up in a shop I take a photo on my phone, if they are put through wrong at the till I challenge along with the photograph. 

works in Carrefour every time! 

Sorry no image available

I hope you challenged it.