DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Super U special offers

Posted by Iguana Rock - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

This is all sadly true, but on the reverse side we have, on several occasions, bought items with clearly marked prices in Noz only to find, on checking the receipt, that they have been reduced in price (not a mistake on the casheir's part, a genuine reduction, as I've checked) so not bad all the time!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I totally agree AQ. It's not just Super U, it's all of them! It just happened to be Super U this week!

Like you said, if you bring it to their attention you never get an apology. They look at you like you are being a real pain in the a**!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Absolutely right - check the price actually going through the check-out or before leaving the shop. It's not just Super U either, have had similar problems with other supermarkets and with the Bricos' special offers.

We bought some floor tiles from Leroy Merlin a week ago that were displayed at a promotional price, but as they went through the check-out, the original price was displayed on the till. When queried, the cashier treated me as if it was my fault, because I hadn't obtained an authorisation slip for the reduced price from the salesman in the tiling area. Of course, I went back and got the slip to present to the cashier, whilst people waited patiently in the check-out queue behind us. What a palava.

Anything I have bought from BricoMarche on promotion has failed to log up the reduced price at the check-out. It is also a hassle getting it put right - you are often treated as a nuisance. You need your wits about you, but I suspect too many people just don't check.