DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wheelchair accessible places to eat in Dinan

Posted by salsachica - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

Thank you Dancingqueen. That is just the sort of first hand info I was hoping for. I'm aware that the streets are cobbled, some steep and not great for those that are disabled as I have difficulties my self and last time had to be rescued by hubby! Just thought down by the river might have been ok. 

I guess the old town of St Malo will have the same issues as they are cobbled. 

Anyone got any info on Dinard? I know its a nice place but have not ever eaten there and have only been a handful of times over the last 20 years. 

I am not in a position to do a 4 hour round trip just to find out whether its ok for wheelchair accessibility hence asking the question plus I do not use a wheelchair myself so would not necessarily be aware of the issues likely to be encountered by a wheelchair user. 

Bretonne thank you for the link, I shall have a look at that. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

this list may help -

http://www.linternaute.com/restaurant/guide/dinan-22100/acces-handicape/

(I searched on Google for acces handicape Dinan)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancingqueen-424771 - 3 years ago

Have visited most of the bars/brasseries down by the port...and have not found one with suitable toilet facilities for the disabled.  Likewise in the centre of town.  There is a hotel/restaurant across the road from the main car park...it may have upgraded it's toilet facilities.  

Suggestion to OP....why not take a day out to Dinan and see for yourself.  The pavements alone  in the town don't lend themselves to pushing a wheelchair.

All the best, from a 'wheelchair pusher'

Sorry no image available

Thank you for the suggestion but need info about whether their toilets are accessible as well and whether there is disabled parking down by the river plus will those cafes be open in the morning?

Sorry no image available
Posted by myrtle-391965 - 3 years ago

in the old port area by the river there are several cafes with pavement tables, so very accessible for wheelchairs.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Scarlett but where is that please? Do you have an exact address as the guests have never been to Dinan before so will probably use a satnav. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Scarlett-397347 - 3 years ago

The Cafe Noir, I'm sure there is a side entrance & a disabled toilet. Situated next to the large roundabout & in front of the Hotel De Ville,it has a large terrace & opens early.

Sorry no image available

What about down by the river? I've only been to Dinan a handful of times so don't know it well. Any other suggestions would be welcome, even St Malo or Dinard could be options. Again I don't know these places that well either. Don't worry, they're not arriving until late Sept so hopefully the dust will have settled by then regarding the farmers' protests.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancingqueen-424771 - 3 years ago

Not even McDo...it doesn't open until 10am. Carrefour market next door maybe...there is a coffee shop.

Have to agree with JB2014...Dinan is a difficult town to negotiate...with a wheelchair...impossible.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

McDonalds.

No.. Seriously