DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice appreciated

Posted by haywoodbob-565930 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

For help in integration I would recommend AIKB

www.AIKB.fr

Last Sunday of the moth there is a music session at Les Fous near Carnoet: 

http://www.les-fous.com/

Very friendly group

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

I can also recommend the vets in Rostrenen. Really lovely helpful staff and they let you visit your pet if kept in! Nothing is too much trouble. The vets speak excellent English. At lunchtimes they have a real person covering the phones and not an answer machine. This has been much appreciated when there was an emergency. Very reasonably priced compared to UK vet prices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by haywoodbob-565930 - 3 years ago

Dangermouse - Thanks very much for the info Derek & Paula. Looking forward to arriving Brittany soon. Kind regards. Pam & Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 3 years ago

hi we live just outside rostrenen,as already said the vets in rostrenen are good and do speak english as do some of the receptionists i always manage to get through,also intermarche some of the staff there speak english,and we have a doctor who likes the british and speaks english,and yes the curry night can recomend that if you like indian currys.welcome to brittany derek and paula

Sorry no image available
Posted by haywoodbob-565930 - 3 years ago

Yoshi and Wilbury Traveller, thank you very much for your helpful info, it is greatly appreciated.

Wilbury Traveller, yes I have received your direct EMail, many thanks again.

Kind regards. Pam & Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 3 years ago

Hi Pam & Bob

I can whole-heartedly recommend the Vets in Rostrenen.   They are kind, helpful and also speak good English if you need them to.

With regard to a doctor I have messaged you.

WT

Sorry no image available
Posted by yoshi-427509 - 3 years ago

hi theres a great curry night at the bar bonen which is about 4 miles from rostrenen great place to make new friends but you have to book early as its always fully booked. good luck