DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ako Karim

Posted by nishka-528882 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mark66-544340 - 3 years ago

Hi Nishka, does his reply to an add run something like, i will buy your car for the asking price, my accountant will send a cheque which will take 5 days to clear. Then a transporter will come and pick it up etc..........if so he trying to do the same here in the charente maritime. Has anyone successfully reported him?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

I dont suppose a scammer can be traced from a stolen cheque & false name!  - I expect they dont acually buy the item so will want a refund via weston union - interpol will have to ready to pounce when they collect!

Sorry no image available
Posted by carpcatcher-641500 - 3 years ago

yes NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT,i phoned the owner of the account and he told me that it was reported to the police in ireland and to just bin the cheque

But on monday i will go to the lacal gendarmes and see what they say

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Seriously, "not sure what to do about it" come on now, no wonder these scammers keep on scamming if they dont get reported especially when one has certain evidence such as a stolen cheque

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Personally I would go to the gendarmes with the stolen cheque perhaps you could also get the building firm to contact the Garda in Eire or the police in NI which ever applies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

Go see the Gendarmes with the check !!!

Obviosly not the same Karim!

Sorry no image available
Posted by carpcatcher-641500 - 3 years ago

yes i have,he is a scammer and a thief,i had a car for sale on AI and he replied saying he would have it,he would send a cheque plus money to have it delivered to him,i knew it was a scam straight away but played along with him,i have a cheque for 10.000 euros  from a building company in ireland,so i phoned them and was told that the cheques were stolen 2 years ago and the account is now closed

So my advice is stay clear

not sure what to do about it,do i report it to the police or just forget about it

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

Is that the bar owner near Faouet ?