DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Am I

Posted by Huey-407259 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

Don't forget the people selling who don't post a picture, don't give a price and have a location of Brittany?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I think some people just like to collect photos.  I was once asked to send photos of some rope I was selling.   This was after a fully detailed description of a length of new rope.  Why the photo needed?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Not necessarily Itwasntme, I have posted photos with ads and have been asked for more, which is not unreasanable and I don't mind at all as, if I want to sell something, then I will do whatever I can to oblige, but  I think you're missing the point, when you ask for any information be it photos, general information, technical information, extra information or anything else, it is common politeness to acknowledge receipt of such.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

If you are advertising a product (1) and you take photos at low quality (then AI will process), I agree.

But when the person is the 1 who wants something!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 3 years ago

If you put photos on with advert in first place you would not have to send any.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

I thought it was only me that rants about this,in an age where every one has a mobile phone permanently fixed to their hand,email and all the other forms of communications,very few can manage to say they are not going to turn up,running late etc etc,I have wasted hours of my life waiting for rude & inconsiderate people,now I tell them to ring when they are on their way.sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Yes that has annoyed me on many an occasion, as has when we were selling and had viewers who promised that they would let us know and we heard nothing - so rude! Even had some that made an appointment to view and just didn't turn up! I abhor rudeness of any sort, as has been said good manners costs nothing. How long would it take in response to photos received to just say  "Thanks, but no thanks" simples!- I bet your kids had to send thank you cards like mine did?  And still do, as do their children!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

Tradesmen experience much the same treatment.

You can drive a good distance to a client, spend hours poring over their plans discussing every fine detail of their dream yet when you finally send your quote the ones who do not accept your quote do not send a letter, call or email. Usually because the've gone for a 10 Euro Dave budget bodger...

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by Millisle - 3 years ago

I agree, manners cost nothing,courtesy has gone out the window.

If I ask for details--and am lucky enough to get reply--I always thank the seller,even if it does not suit.

Manners maketh the Man!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

I wouldn't call it old-fashioned but civilized.